Show Solidarity with our Partners Around the World
At the beginning of 2020, we were looking forward to a busy spring and summer season filled with transformative global service-learning programs, connections with new friends around the globe, and new commitments to social action. Now the foreseeable future is looking quite different. We know we’re not the only ones. We know this situation has been extremely difficult and uncertain for so many people around the world, but with the love and support we can provide to one another, we’ll get through it together. Maybe you’ve already noticed, but the word “travel” isn’t part of our mission. We may be staying at home, but we’re not giving up on what we believe in.
We’re still committed to inspiring empathy, catalyzing social action, and linking diverse communities.
We’re still committed to Fair Trade Learning.
We’re showing our commitment by creating a vital movement of support and solidarity. We’re dedicating the whole month of May to this campaign—will you join us?
Make a donation to our COVID-19 Relief Fund today—help us continue to support our community around the world during this difficult time. We’re grateful for any amount you can contribute, no matter how small. The majority of the funds we raise will go directly to community partners who were expecting programs or are facing significant challenges.
Some good news that we’re so grateful to share: a couple of incredibly generous donors have already pledged $5,000 to support Bolivia and get this fundraiser started!
We understand that these are especially hard times for everyone. If you can’t contribute financially, here are some more great ways to get involved:
- Share some uplifting news, a positive message, or a beautiful memory from your Amizade experience! Tag us @amizadegsl and #MoreAmizade and we’ll feature as many messages as possible on Facebook and Instagram.
- Join us on Facebook Live: tune in on Friday, May 8th at 12:00pm ET to hear from Bolivia Site Director and Amizade Hall of Famer, Jean Carla Costas! Then follow us for announcements of more live events this month.
- Pass it on: share this message with at least a few friends and spread the love!
- Start a Facebook fundraiser for Amizade. It’s easy to do, and all donations go straight to us.
- Remember to use Amazon Smile when you order from Amazon, and a small percentage of your purchase is donated to Amizade at no extra cost to you.
Our connections around the world are what make Amizade so special, and we’re so grateful for the community that our partners and supporters like you have built with us. No matter how you choose to get involved, we hope you’ll join us this month in celebrating that community and the power that global service learning has to connect us all, even when we’re physically apart.
Click here to make a donation to the COVID-19 Relief Fund now!