Check out the destinations offered by Amizade.
Campus Anywhere is Amizade’s newest, most flexible style of study abroad for a more just and joyful world. It’s designed for adventurous and passionate students with an interest in real action and making meaningful connections. Campus Anywhere is more immersive, responsible, and borderless than traditional study abroad. The program is available at 6 Amizade sites around the world.Learn More
Live and study at The University of Otago in Dunedin while learning about New Zealand’s success in managing COVID, commitment to cultural diversity, and connection to the environment. In addition to your classes at Otago, you’ll participate in excursions, discussions, and volunteer opportunities designed to introduce you to environmental conservation, sustainability, and social justice themes.Learn More
Experience Spanish history and culture living in Valladolid, the former capital city of Spain, rich in history, wine, agriculture, and nightlife. You’ll be immersed in Spanish culture in a city easily explored by foot, living with a host family, and participating in a required internship. Amizade-Universitas course offerings are divided into three main areas: Spanish Language Courses, Humanities Courses, and Social Sciences and International Relations Courses.Learn More
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Live in a vibrant, multi-ethnic cosmopolitan community that actively celebrates its diversity (African, East Indian, Amerindian, and Spanish background), and study at one of the most important university systems in the English-speaking Caribbean, The University of the West Indies. Enjoy campus life by taking courses in a wide range of majors, and explore community and society by engaging directly with grassroots organizations and individuals addressing social justice themes.Learn More
Amizade will be offering a number of summer programs. Expand your language proficiency, explore sustainability, or participate in a practicum experience. More information coming soon!
Amizade study abroad programs are intentionally designed to educate for social justice. Program components such as pre-departure orientations, on-site housing, and excursions complement coursework, internships, and reflection in facilitating student success in the following learning outcomes:
• Learners acquire knowledge and understanding of local, national, and global issues and the interconnectedness and interdependency of different countries and populations.
• Learners deepen their understanding of how systems, and privilege, and power impact and present in their academic field of study.
• Learners approach taking action from a position of understanding and recognition of history, context, and culture.
IDENTITY AND SELF-REFLECTION OUTCOMES
• Learners recognize that global issues and systems are experienced differently at local scales, and can identify their positionality in these systems.
• Learners experience a sense of belonging to common humanity, sharing values and responsibilities, based on human rights.
• Learners develop motivation, willingness, and empathy skills necessary to take positively impactful action.
AGENCY AND AUTONOMY OUTCOMES
• Learners demonstrate knowledge of interconnectedness/interdependence of political, environmental, social, and economic systems on a local and global scale and in a historical context.
• Learners develop attitudes of empathy, solidarity, and respect for differences and diversity.
• Learners act effectively and responsibly at local, national, and global levels for a more just and joyful world.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Do you want to know more about our semester abroad opportunities? Fill out the form in the link below to receive more information.