June in Northern Italy
A unique piece of Italy in the heart of Europe. | June 1-14, 2023
The program will be run by Dolomit, Amizade’s trusted partner in Italy, which specialized in learning experiences in the Dolomites area of Northeastern Italy. Participants will join local volunteers and NGOs in a service project, and have the opportunity to explore the natural and cultural landmarks of the region.
- Learn about Italian and European culture and society through the lenses of social activism and community work.
- Explore a diverse European region through the dynamic relationships among urban settings, rural areas, mountain and lake districts.
- Develop professional skills in teamwork, project management, youth engagement, and outdoor activities.
- March 15, 2023: The last day to register. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to complete registration.
Early bird special: Register by March 1, 2023 for $200 off the total program fee!
- April 15, 2023: Mid-payment – 50% of program fee due
- May 15, 2023: Final payment due
- June 1-14, 2023 : Program dates (arrival on May 31st)
We suggest to use the Venice Airport for inbound and outbound international flights. After orientation on the first day of the program, participants will join the local team for the service project and work on it for about 30 hours per week. The program also includes excursions and cultural activities, such as mountain hikes, visits to museums, and food labs at local farms. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the surrounding areas during weekends, thanks to the efficient public transportation system available in Rovereto (buses to all main destinations in the region, trains to the rest of Italy, Austria, Germany, etc.).
Trentino is an Alpine province in Northeastern Italy, a few dozens miles from the Austrian border. It is an environmentally and culturally diverse region, rich in water (lakes, rivers, streams) and forests, and with a multilingual society, thanks to a strong German influence and the presence of older and newer immigrant communities. Trentino is renowned for its long tradition of cooperation and social activism, and is an ideal place to explore the complexity and the charm of European cultures.
Participants will be based in Rovereto, a town of 40,000 inhabitants with a lively cultural and social life, and ideally located to discover the rest of the region.
Participants will be hosted in double-occupancy rooms at local small hotels or short-stay apartments, and most meals will be provided. Participants of the same gender will share double occupancy rooms with two separate beds and private bathrooms. Hot water and wifi are available.If you’re traveling with a friend and would like to room together, or if you would like a single occupancy room (for an additional fee), please let us know.
The program is built in collaboration with the local no-profit organizations La Foresta – Community Academy and Brave New Alps, both active in the fields of social inclusion, environmental protection, education and cultural entrepreneurship. Participants will join a project that aims at promoting active involvement and social integration of young residents of Rovereto and neighboring towns through co-designed, creative outdoor activities, favoring new links and exchanges between urban areas and mountains.
Who is this program for?
This program is for current college and university students, gap year students, and recent graduates (minimum age 18) who are looking for community-driven service opportunities, time in nature, and exposure to a vibrant local culture. Amizade works with hundreds of colleges and universities every year and we’re excited to offer this open group program that will bring together students from many different campuses.
PROGRAM ITINERARY HIGHLIGHTS
Day 0 | May 31
– Arrive to Venice and transfer to Rovereto.
– Arrive to Rovereto, orientation, introductions, and welcome dinner.
Day 1 | June 1
– First day of service learning in Rovereto.
Day 2 | June 2
– Service learning in Rovereto.
Day 3 | June 3
– Group excursion to Lake Garda.
Day 4 | June 4
– Free time (Sunday).
Day 5 – 9 | June 5 – 9
– Service learning in Rovereto and the surrounding area, with built-in visits to local relevant attractions.
Day 10 – 11 | June 10 – 11
– Free time, with optional group activities (Saturday and Sunday).
Day 12 – 13 – June 12 – 13
– Service learning in Rovereto and the surrounding area, goodbye party.
Day 14 | June 14
– Departure from Rovereto.
AMIZADE’S CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES
If your trip must be canceled prior to departure, please contact our office as soon as possible. Deposits are nonrefundable. The remainder of your refund will be determined by the date and conditions of your cancellation as follows.
- Individuals who send a written cancellation notification to the Amizade Office before April 15, 2023 will receive a full refund, minus the nonrefundable deposit.
- Individuals who send a written cancellation notification to the Amizade Office between April 16 and April 30, 2023 will receive a 50% refund of the mid-payment (exclusive of the nonrefundable deposit).
- Individuals who send written cancellation notification to the Amizade Office on or after May 1, 2023 will not be guaranteed any refund. Amizade will work with the community partners on if/how much of a refund may be possible.
If Amizade cancels a program before the program start date for any reason, we will issue a full refund for the program fee and the deposit.
Amizade requires a minimum of 8 participants to run this open group program. If the minimum number of participants is not met, Amizade will notify all participants by April 1, 2023. We advise against purchasing non-refundable airfare before April 1st unless otherwise notified.
Register now to secure your spot for June in Northern Italy!
Registration deadline: March 15, 2023
Early bird special: Register by March 1, 2023 for $200 off your total program fee!
Interested but have some questions before you register? Please reach out to Italy site liaison Nick Grimes: email@example.com.
Assistant Site Director
ASK OUR STAFF
Get in touch with our site liaison if you have questions about this program.CONTACT US
LEARN ABOUT THIS SITE
Get to know the history of our partnership in Italy.VISIT THE SITE