Since 1994, Amizade has organized engaging, rigorous, exciting, and safe group service programs. We specialize in leading service-learning experiences for:
- Faculty-Led University Programs
- Alternative Spring Breaks
- High School Service Trips
- Service Retreats
- Other Groups of 6 or More
Once you form a group of six of more for a volunteer program, you’ll:
- Make a difference through community-driven service
- Enhance and deepen your understanding of the local environment through deliberate learning that is based on community members’ concerns and perspectives
- Form friendships through intercultural immersion and exchange
- Become a more ethical, more engaged, more employable global citizen
- Develop your own personal understanding of service, deliberate learning, culture, and global citizenship through continuous reflective inquiry
It will be unlike any previous volunteer experience you’ve had. Amizade’s specially designed journal and carefully chosen local site directors cooperate to support you in a challenging and empowering service and learning experience.
All programs include food and lodging, local educational, cultural and recreational activities, local transportation*, and a local site director. Please contact us to receive more information about coordinating a volunteer program specific to your group’s interests. Our general community sites and program fees are available here.
*Programs in the Navajo Nation and Appalachia do not include local transportation.