Global Service-Learning isn’t just for students; over the last 20 years we’ve worked with volunteers ages 6 – 93! Open Group Volunteer Programs allow individuals, couples, or friends to join and serve with a group of other Amizade volunteers. On your open group volunteer experience, you’ll:
- Make a Difference through community-driven service.
- Enhance and deepen your understanding of the local environment through deliberate learning that is based on community members’ concerns and perspectives.
- Form friendships through intercultural immersion and exchange.
- Become a more ethical, more engaged, more employable global citizen.
- Develop your own personal understanding of service, deliberate learning, culture, and global citizenship through continuous reflective inquiry.
It will be unlike any previous volunteer experience you’ve had. Amizade’s specially designed journal and carefully chosen local site directors cooperate to support you in a challenging and empowering service and learning experience.
Programs are scheduled throughout the year and across our sites and include winter escapes to Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, and Ghana as well as opportunities to explore Amazonian Brazil and the City of Eternal Spring in Bolivia. Amizade Open Group Programs can also give participants the chance to serve and learn with communities across the United States from Washington DC and rural Appalachia to the Navajo Nation. Visit our website for a full list of Open Group programs
Not sure which program is best for you? Contact us
and we would be happy to help you find the best fit for your goals, interests, and availability.