It couldn’t be called a movement if we were standing still. Announcing a huge step forward for Fair Trade Learning.
BCA Study Abroad is committing to the ideals of Fair Trade Learning and committing to a new future. Peace and justice have always been at the core of BCA’s and Amizade’s missions. As of August 1st, 2019, we’re assuming operations for BCA, leading the charge for a brighter future.
Amizade will carry forward BCA’s legacy by enriching and expanding programming in many of its historic sites, innovating BCA’s program model, and managing an endowment that will offer more low-income and at-risk students the opportunity to better engage with the world.
BCA Study Abroad is a mission-driven non-profit organization that has been committed to helping students understand the complexities of the contemporary world by providing quality academic programs and cross-cultural learning in locations around the globe. BCA programs are designed to empower and inspire students to be informed and active global citizens, leading change for a more peaceful and just world.
What can you expect?
- A larger and more dynamic organization primed to better impact students and communities around the world.
- An alumni network of over 26,000 people motivated to catalyze social action.
- Full semester program offerings in at least 6 communities around the world.
- Short-term and faculty-led opportunities in at least 17 communities around the world.
- More scholarship opportunities for low-income and first-generation students.
- Innovative project-based opportunities for all students and alumni.
- New global education programming including options for gap years, high school student engagement, solidarity-building exchanges, and reciprocal study abroad experiences.
- Plan a short-term or faculty-led global service-learning program with us for 2020.
- Become a sending school for peace and justice semesters abroad.
- Keep a look-out for a new website and updates in the summer.
- Come to Pittsburgh and attend our big summit and celebration on September 21, 2019 (International Day of Peace).
- Chat with us about other ways you can get involved in our Fair Trade Learning movement to make global education more transparent, reciprocal, and community driven.