Purpose: Your upcoming experience will be successful only when we treat each other with respect, cooperate with
each other, and live up to the highest standards of conduct. The following pledge is to make clear the expected conduct and to remind you of your responsibilities to Amizade, other participants, and the community as well as to ensure the successful outcome of the Amizade VSL Program designated on this Reservation Form (hereinafter the “Program”).
We expect all Program participants to abide by any and all applicable laws including local, state, and federal laws
governing internet usage and/or similar technology and/or similar platform and to which the participant may be
subject. Additionally, Program participants must adhere to any and all local city, regional, state, and/or federal
guidance regarding COVID-19 restrictions or requirements while participating in any Program activities.
Each participant is expected to hold him or herself to the highest standard of conduct while participating in any aspect of any Amizade Program, whether virtual or in-person. Accordingly, Amizade (and/or its authorized representative) reserves the right to dismiss any participant from the Program for failure to abide by any applicable rules or laws or for violating this Code of Conduct. Possible disciplinary procedures for violations of the Code of Conduct and other rules, laws, etc. are outlined at the end of this document.
Intentions and Acknowledgements for Each Participant:
● My language, actions, and behavior will present a positive image to others of Amizade, my city, my country,
● I will respect and cooperate with those in the Program and all corresponding experiences with me, including fellow participants, experience coordinators, cultural guides, community members, and anyone else involved in and/or affiliated with the Program and/or any related experiences.
● I will listen to instructions and follow them accordingly.
● I will not behave in a way that is unsafe, is a bad influence on others, reflects poorly on myself, my fellow
participants, Amizade, and/or which makes life difficult for others.
● I understand that the success of this Program is dependent on the contribution that each participant makes,
and this includes me.
● I understand and acknowledge that these intentions and acknowledgments may be expanded and/or revised
based upon Program, experience, and/or other needs or circumstances.
Code of Conduct Committments:
● I will actively (and to the best of my ability) participate in all Program activities and follow facilitator instructions regarding group meeting protocol.
● I will demonstrate inclusive behavior by creating a respectful and encouraging space for others to share their
opinions and thoughts; by being aware of how my online actions may impact others; and by bringing an attitude of
kindness to this experience.
● I will not break any local and/or US laws and/or other applicable laws, including the use of any illegal drugs or
other controlled substances while participating in the Program and/or related activities.
● I will not break any social distancing and/or other self-isolation and/or COVID-19-related guidelines and/or
recommendations for the sake of this Program.
● I will not share, with any individual not part of the Program cohort, any teleconferencing service (whether through Zoom, Google Meet, and/or similar service) meeting links, identification numbers, access codes, password information, and/or any other information enabling, in whole or in part, access to and/or participation in Program content.
● I will not make a video recording, audio recording, take photographs and/or screenshots of, and/or stream
audio/video of any Program content and/or other meetings, without express permission and authorization of
Amizade, its authorized representative, and/or the facilitator.
● I will not reveal and/or share any confidential and/or private information of Amizade, other participants, the
facilitator, and/or any other personnel affiliated with the Program.
● I will not bully, threaten, harass, discriminate, and/or otherwise act inappropriately or disrespectfully towards
other Program participants, Amizade personnel (including employees, site directors or their staff, representatives and/or similar) as well as members of the community, or anyone else I interact with on the Program. I will treat all of these individuals with dignity and respect. I will raise any concerns I have about other participants’ behavior to the Amizade Facilitator and/or Amizade’s Director of Health, Safety & Security.
● I understand that harassment/bullying (including sexual harassment)and assault of other Program
participants, Amizade personnel (including employees, site directors or their staff, representatives and/or
similar) as well as members of the community, and/or anyone else I interact with during the Program is strictly
prohibited. This includes unwelcome sexual advances, inappropriate and/or explicit comments or jokes,
stalking, dating or intimate partner violence as well as cyber harassment.
● I am responsible for my conduct online during the Program and will not engage in any activities that may bring
harm or injury to other Program participants, Amizade and its personnel (including employees, site directors,
and/or their staff, representatives and/or similar) and/or members of the community.
Typical sanctions for violations of Amizade’s Code of Conduct and/or any of the aforementioned commitments set above may include (but are not necessarily limited to) verbal and/or written warning, loss of Program privileges,
restitution, probation and dismissal from the Program without refund. Some offenses, including but not limited to the use and/or possession of drugs, physical or sexual assault and harassment, may result in immediate dismissal from the Program without refund. Sanctions will be determined by Amizade staff in consultation with the Director of Health, Safety & Security and the Amizade Executive Director based on the type, nature, repetition, and severity of the incident. Information concerning
disciplinary actions may be shared with a student’s home school and/or parents/guardians, based on the type and
severity of the incident.
By signing this form, I understand that I must adhere to this Code of Conduct while participating in any Amizade VSL
program. I also understand that if I fail to adhere to the Code, I will face sanctions as outlined in the disciplinary