Please fill out the application as completely as possible. The information you provide on this application will provide the basis for selecting participants for this program. Answer the questions carefully and completely.
Once you begin the online application you will not be allowed to save it or return to it. We strongly recommend that you gather all necessary information and compose your essays before you begin the online application. The essay questions are listed below. Additionally, a PDF of the application and questions can be found here, you may use this to review the questions and form your answers in advance. Please only submit your application via the online form!
Please note the additional required documents that must be submitted with your application below.
Short Essay Question #1: Why do you want to participate in this program? What will you contribute to the group and to the experience if you are chosen?
Short Essay Question #2: As part of this program, students are required to design and implement Community Action Plans after they return home. One of the primary responsibilities of Adult Mentors is to oversee and facilitate these projects. Please discuss your commitment to continuing work and your ideas for how you would support the students with their projects in the months following the program.
Long Essay Question #1: Describe your relationship with young people in your community and any experience you have had working with high school aged students.
Long Essay Question #2: Explain how you see international travel contributing to the development of a student’s leadership skills and personal growth.
Long Essay Question #3: Please write a letter introducing yourself to your potential host family.
- Personal Reference Form from a supervisor or colleague who knows you well. Ask the person to complete this form, and return to Amizade via email (YAPSA@amizade.org) or mail (305 34th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201) by February 13th, 2017.
- Resume/ CV. After you have submitted your online application, please submit your Resume/ CV to Amizade via email (YAPSA@amizade.org) or mail (305 34th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201) by February 13th, 2017.
- Photo of Yourself. Please send a recent photo of yourself to Amizade via email (YAPSA@amizade.org) or mail (305 34th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201) by February 13th, 2017.
- Applicants that make it past the initial application review by our panel will be contacted for an interview in March 2017.
- Due to the large quantity of applications received, it is not possible to inform all applicants of their status. Thus, applicants can assume they were not chosen if they have not been contacted by Amizade by March 1st.
- Additional questions should be emailed to YAPSA@amizade.org.
*travel dates are tentative and may be subject to change depending on flight availability.