Amizade has been organizing faculty-led, service-learning programs for over a decade. Whether you have an interest in service-learning pedagogy or a love for all-things Bolivia, we can assist you in organizing your faculty-led abroad program. Please note that we are now offering faculty-led scholarships of up to $500 for those interested in doing site-visits to our sites.
Running a faculty-led service-learning program through Amizade means that you and your students will:
- be safe and secure;
- take part in community-driven/socially responsible service;
- have flexibility around dates, length of program, cost, and course content;
- have all your food, lodging, and transportation organized, and
- have a well-organized trip, full of cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities.
It also means that, as a faculty member, you’ll see the following benefits:
- enhances traditional teaching;
- customizable courses to fit personal, departmental, and university needs;
- research opportunities in your field of interests;
- personal and professional development;
- remuneration can come from Amizade or your host institution; and
- student personal-transformative experiences that often change the career path of students;
We hope you’ll join us in engaging more students in academically rigorous and community-engaged study abroad programming. Please contact us or check out our group page if you would like to learn more about faculty-led programing or faculty-led scholarships. Start planning now!