It’s hard to match Amizade’s 19 year record of providing safe, socially responsible, and transformative service-learning and volunteer experiences.
Amizade is a nonprofit organization that has connected people across cultures through service since 1994. We have built Amizade around a set of ethics and best practices that we hope and believe you share with us. Amizade introduces students and volunteers to:
– A global network with a 19-year safe-programming record;
– A nonprofit with a legacy of clear outcomes delivered through strict adherence to a community-driven model of service and development;
– A proven pedagogy of reflective global citizenship that empowers students to stay engaged and involved after a course or program experience;
– A dedication to affordability and providing scholarships to ensure global service-learning programming is broadly accessible;
– Intercultural immersion and exchange that is uniquely accessible through community-based service-learning programming;
– Transformative living and learning experiences, for which more than 90% of participants report their overall experiences as “good” or “very good”; and
– A strong history of socially responsible faculty-led and university sponsored programming.
In the last decade, Amizade has partnered with over 100 different academic institutions, offering alternative spring, winter, and summer break programs, as well as customized faculty-led programs. Below are just a few of the universities and colleges we have worked with in the last few years: